The Employment Facilitator Support Officer will work closely with the Employment Facilitator to support the development and implementation of Local Jobs Program proposals increasing employment and training across the Fitzroy Employment Region. The key aim of the program is to maximise employment opportunities in the local labour market through training and/or employment. This is a flexible role and will be based in Rockhampton, you will be required to travel throughout the region. Overnight travel will be minimal.
- Excellent organisational skills, including prioritisation and time management.
- Possess a high level of inter-personal, communication and negotiation skills, with previous experience in successfully brokering solutions and influencing outcomes
- Demonstrate a good understanding of local labour market issues and employment-related programs and services in the Gippsland labour market regions and surrounding areas. This includes demonstrating labour market knowledge, on the ground experience and existing networks in the region.
- Demonstrated ability to establish good networks with a broad and disparate range of key stakeholders, including employers, employment service providers, government agencies (Australian, State and local) and the local community.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with employers to understand and meet their skills and labour needs, including working with employers to identify job vacancies and match suitable candidates to those vacancies.
- Ability to manage and engage with multiple Stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently or in a team
- Natural ability to communicate well and engage with a range of stakeholders
- High attention to detail and solutions focused
- Background in employment services, or an understanding of employment services and be able to apply this knowledge and experience to create solutions for labour market problems
- Previous experience in successfully brokering solutions and influencing outcomes
- Demonstrated experience working with employers to identify vacancies, matching candidates to those vacancies as well as experience developing and maintaining effective relationships with employers.
- Gender neutral paid parental leave of 12 weeks
- Superannuation contributions paid for women during the first 12 weeks of any unpaid parental leave
- 5 weeks annual leave after 3 years service
- Access to long service leave after 5 years service
- Extensive leave provisions including domestic abuse, community service, study leave
- Ability to purchase or cash out annual leave
- Education assistance and study leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Proven career development and promotion opportunities
Diversity and Inclusion
We are proud to hold the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Employer of Choice Citation and be a recognised Disability Confident Company.
At MAX, we value diversity – in the backgrounds, ideas, work styles and perspectives of our team. We strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.
We adhere to the National Principles for Child Safety and require all team members to be committed to child safety and well-being. Our induction and training will provide you with these principles, including having an understanding of children's developmental needs and culturally safe practices.
If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process for reasons of equal opportunity, please call a member of our Recruitment Team on 07 3727 1306 or email firstname.lastname@example.org before you submit your application.
To view a copy of the position description:
PD - Employment Facilitator Support Officer