- Career growth opportunities
- Accessible ongoing training
- People with disability strongly encouraged to apply
Disabililty Employment Services Placement Consultant - Wollongong
Do you want to be part of a team that genuinely makes a positive difference in people's lives?
As a Disability Employment Services Placement Consultant, you'll be doing so much more than finding jobs.
At MAX we are passionate about helping to break down any barriers our customers may be affected by through empowering and motivating our customers to become job ready and supporting them throughout their journey to achieve their career aspirations. You will connect and engage with employers to source meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities.
- Earn a competitive salary with performance bonuses
- Access a world of training, development and employee benefits
- Build relationships with local organisations to grow a network of Disability Confident Employers
- Provide ongoing support, education and resources for our customers
- Deliver efficient and effective strategies to positively engage with employers and build sustainable relationships
- High level of interpersonal communication and organisational skills
- Disability, Health or Employment sector experience is preferred
- Ability to overcome objections, and break down employment barriers that exist for people with disability
- Awareness of vulnerabilities to employment and the effects of unemployment
- Effective, positive problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Hold or willingness to obtain a Working With Children / Vulnerable People Card
- Ability to obtain a police check (to be arranged through MAX).
- Gender neutral paid parental leave of 12 weeks
- Superannuation contributions paid for women during the first 12 weeks of any unpaid parental leave
- 5 weeks annual leave after 3 years service
- Access to long service leave after 5 years service
- Extensive leave provisions including domestic abuse, community service, study leave
- Ability to purchase or cash out annual leave
- Education assistance and study leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Proven career development and promotion opportunities
Diversity and Inclusion
We are proud to hold the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Employer of Choice Citation and be a recognised Disability Confident Company.
At MAX, we value diversity – in the backgrounds, ideas, work styles and perspectives of our team. We strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.
We adhere to the National Principles for Child Safety and require all team members to be committed to child safety and well-being. Our induction and training will provide you with these principles, including having an understanding of children's developmental needs and culturally safe practices.
If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process for reasons of equal opportunity, please call a member of our Recruitment Team on 07 3727 1306 or email firstname.lastname@example.org before you submit your application.
To view the position description click the link below:
PD - DES Placement Consultant (Levels 1 & 2)