We’re growing and looking for Assessors to work in our Assessments Australia services. We provide the Assessment Service for the Program for Students with Disabilities on behalf of the Victorian Department of Education and Training in the categories of Intellectual Disability (ID) and Severe Language Disorder with Critical (SLD – CEN) Educational Needs. Staff and contractor assessors conduct cognitive and language assessments in state government schools to ascertain eligibility to apply for support under the Program for Students with Disabilities (PSD). We have Permanent and Temporary positions currently available, with option for full-time or part-time (minimum 0.6).
- Professional Development (PD) fund from $2300 (prorated); can be increased for Provisional Psychologists with additional costs as they work towards full registration
- Salary increase of 2.5% in July every year for permanent employees who have been with us for a minimum of 3 months.
- Gender neutral paid parental leave of 12 weeks
- Superannuation contributions paid for women during the first 12 weeks of any unpaid parental leave
- 5 weeks annual leave after 3 years service
- Access to long service leave after 5 years service
- Extensive leave provisions including domestic abuse, community service, study leave
- Ability to purchase or cash out annual leave
- Education assistance and study leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Proven career development and promotion opportunities
- Be part of a supportive team with ongoing support and consultation available from our senior professional team
- Conduct cognitive assessments in schools and complete comprehensive reports according to PSD and Assessments Australia's requirements.
- Ongoing professional learning.
- Occasional travel to remote and regional areas within Victoria, with some overnight stays if required (accommodation costs and meal allowances are provided).
- Flexibility to write reports from home, required to attend our Melbourne CBD office a minimum of once per month. You can be based almost anywhere in Victoria to be eligible to apply.
- Mobile phone, laptop and assessment tools will be provided.
- General or Provisional registration with AHPRA. Provisional Psychologists and new graduates are encouraged to apply and will be provided with ongoing training and support
- Some experience conducting standardised assessments: WISC, WAIS, WPPSI. Relevant placement experience will be considered.
- Some experience working with school aged children and adolescents
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise, plan and organise workflow to tight time frame, handle multiple tasks and be flexible with changing priorities
- Proven high level IT literacy, particularly in common applications including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), database and web usages
- Hold or can obtain a new Police Clearance and Working with Children Check
- Willingness to provide two de-identified assessment reports
Please call Hridya Anand (Ria) if you have any questions on (07) 3727 1416 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be submitted, ensuring your preference of role type is highlighted.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are proud to hold the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Employer of Choice Citation and be a recognised Disability Confident Company.
At MAX, we value diversity – in the backgrounds, ideas, work styles and perspectives of our team. We strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.
We adhere to the National Principles for Child Safety and require all team members to be committed to child safety and well-being. Our induction and training will provide you with these principles, including having an understanding of children's developmental needs and culturally safe practices.
Please apply for the role. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process for reasons of equal opportunity, please call a member of our Recruitment Team on 07 3727 1306 or email email@example.com before you submit your application.
PD - Staff Assessor - Psychology PSD-AS