- Effectively manage a caseload and provide individually tailored workplace support to participants who have commenced employment
- Completion of initial post placement/ongoing support plan in consultation with Health Service Officer, Placement Consultant, participant and employer
- Facilitate quality post placement and appropriate ongoing support for participants/ employers based on individual needs to reach employment outcomes
- Where required, provide on job support and ongoing support to participants and employers in varying industries within the workplace to enhance long-term and sustainable employment
- Maintain weekly contact with employer, participant and nominated support person recorded in our internal system, MAXTRAX
- Provide training and facilitate career development opportunities with participants and employer
- Liaise with Health Services Officers ensuring appropriate Post Placement Support is in place i.e. workplace visits and assessments
- Identify and coordinate referrals for workplace adjustments & modifications with internal and external stakeholders to further enhance sustainable employment outcomes (JobAccess)
- Provide efficient and urgent support and job search/marketing support (including cold calling employers) to a participant if they are required to find new employment within an outcome period
- Build and maintain key employer and local community group relationships to generate additional employment opportunities
- Meet pre-determined performance measures (Key Performance Indicators) to maximise the achievement of employment outcomes and ongoing support targets
- Apply knowledge of contractual requirements when dealing with participants including the Disability Employment Services DEED and the National Standards for Disability Services (NSDS)
- Maintain a working knowledge and understanding of the Disability Employment Services contract inclusive of outcome related information and Ongoing Support management
- Comply with all WHS procedures ensuring that team members including volunteers and contractors abide by all relevant health and safety procedures
- Act as a role model by demonstrating safe work behaviours and report all accidents, incidents or near misses immediately.
- Ability to build trust and rapport with vulnerable participants, their families, carers and advocates as well as nurturing professional relationships with employers and community organisations
- Focused on achieving a high level of performance
- Ability to be compliant with MAX Solutions contractual obligations and quality standards
- Mature minded individual with a high level of interpersonal communication
- Team player, with a demonstrated ability to show initiative, who will professionally and ethically represent the organisation
- Flexible, positive and outcome focused individual with the ability to work outside of usual business hours as outlined in the Enterprise Bargaining Agreement
- Commitment and confidence to improve the lives of people with disability through meaningful employment.
Key Skills and Knowledge
- High level of organisational skills including the ability to problem solve and manage conflict resolution
- Ability to work autonomously and manage time effectively to service caseload of post placement support/ongoing support participants
- Awareness of vulnerabilities to employment and the effects of unemployment providing solutions for participants and employers
- Understanding of commercial and labour market trends including available job prospects and growth industries
- Knowledge of relevant legislation including Anti-discrimination, Equal Employment Opportunity, Workplace Health and Safety, Privacy and Freedom of Information
- Ability to build trust and rapport with employers and other key stakeholders to effectively maintain ongoing professional relationships
- Computer skills – Intermediate level Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Disability Employment Services specifically the Employment Support Services Contract (ESS) is highly regarded
- Knowledge of the relevant State Acts and Standards, Work Health and Safety Act and Regulations and Anti Discrimination Act.
Experience / Qualifications
- Experience in Employment &/or Disability services is desirable
- Certificate III/IV in Employment services, Disability, Community Service
- Hold or have the ability to obtain a current Police Clearance and Working with Children Check
- Current drivers licence.
Diversity and Inclusion
At MAX Solutions we welcome employees from diverse backgrounds and aim to create a work environment where Employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability and religion are valued.
MAX Solutions applies the principles of reasonable adjustment for people with disability. Workplace adjustments are changes introduced into the workplace that take account of a person’s disability so that they can use their skills effectively and access the same benefits, terms or conditions of employment as other employees. If you are a candidate considering a role with MAX Solutions and require a workplace adjustment for this position, please advise the MAX Solutions Recruitment Consultant or contact MAX Solutions Recruitment on 07 3727 1306.