MAX Solutions is committed to improving the lives of others. Providing employment, health, training and humanitarian services in more than 250 locations around Australia, MAX Solutions invests strongly in the development of our people. We foster strong relationships between staff, clients and the community and are driven to make a difference.
This role is responsible for delivering reintegration services to prisoners to support successful reintegration and desistance from re-offending on release from a correctional centre. Services commence pre-release and continue post-release, and include conducting reintegration assessments, developing individual reintegration plans and delivering case coordination to ensure strong connections and support in the community are established. The Reintegration Specialist will work closely with Queensland Correctional Services officers, Queensland Health staff, TAFE Queensland staff and other service providers operating inside and outside of the centre to support integrated and effective service delivery. Individual reintegration plans will be developed in collaboration with prisoners to foster commitment and active participation in identified services and activities. Supports and services for prisoners are inclusive of employment services, cultural services, mental health and recovery support, housing and support services and connection to other appropriate services based on the individualised reintegration plan.
This role is responsible for working with prisoners to assess individual needs and assist the prisoner to access suitable services and activities to support successful reintegration and desistance from re-offending post release. Responsibilities include:
• Conducting Reintegration Assessments to determine the most suitable activities and services to support each prisoner with successful reintegration
• Developing Individual Reintegration Plans, in cooperation with participating prisoners, which prioritise activities and services inside the centre and post-release
• Working with Queensland Correctional Services officers and other service providers within the centre to coordinate access to and participation in services in accordance with Reintegration Plans
• Working with services outside the centre to facilitate access by prisoners upon release and monitor participation and progress for three months post release
• Delivering group Reintegration Preparation sessions to prisoners as required
• Coordinating a range of MAX Solutions’ and partner services delivered within the centre
• Reporting regularly to MAX Solutions executive and Queensland Correctional Services
• Participating in collaborative activities to identify and implement continuous improvement and best practice plans.
Key Skills and Knowledge
Demonstrate a strong understanding of factors and issues that contribute to re-offending and have experience of
• Have a strong understanding strengths based practice, offender rehabilitation, systemic formulation and interventions and brief solution focused approaches
• Knowledge of custodial environments and issues affecting prisoners
• Strong cultural awareness knowledge
• Awareness of vulnerabilities to employment and effects of unemployment
• Advanced communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Effective, positive problem solving and conflict resolution skills
• Knowledge of, relevant legislation including in the areas of Anti-discrimination, Equal Employment Opportunity, Workplace Health and Safety, Privacy and Freedom of Information
• Excellent organisational skills
• High degree of competence in engaging with and motivating participation by disadvantaged and potentially unreceptive clients
• Computer skills – Intermediate Word, Excel, Access, Internet & email and ability to learn new system programs.
• You will be a mature minded and resourceful individual who will work proactively and autonomously in your role
• You must demonstrate an empathetic approach to your clients and be able to quickly establish rapport and establish positive working relationships with a range of stakeholders
• You will be a team player, with a demonstrated ability to show initiative, who will professionally and ethically represent the organisation
• You must be a flexible, outcome focused individual who has a solution focused approach to their work
• You will be adept at remaining calm and responding effectively in crisis situations
• You will have a genuine interest in providing clinical services to assist some of the most vulnerable members of the community
• Experience working with prisoners and in a custodial environment
• Experience in delivering efficient and effective strategies to positively engage with a range of stakeholders and build sustainable relationships
• Experience in delivering efficient and effective strategies to engage and motivate disengaged clients
• Experience working with disadvantaged clients who have special needs, such as people with a disability, people from diverse cultural and language backgrounds, people with drug and alcohol dependency, or people who have experienced homelessness, domestic violence or psychological disorders