MAX Solutions is committed to improving the lives of others. Providing employment, health, training and humanitarian services in more than 250 locations around Australia, MAX Solutions invests strongly in the development of our people. We foster strong relationships between staff, clients and the community and are driven to make a difference.
Your role is to source meaningful and sustainable employment outcomes that are focused on an individual’s development. You will provide participants with a disability, innovative, flexible and person centred employment assistance and support that is focused on the achievement of life goals and career aspirations.
The position requires you to source appropriate and sustainable employment opportunities for our participants ensuring they are supported throughout their journey to become an independent worker. In addition to this, you will work closely with Allied Health professionals to assist participants to increase their capacity to find and maintain paid employment that is congruent with the participants’ vocational goals and abilities.
The Placement Consultant is responsible for ensuring efficient and effective delivery of assistance and advice to MAX Employment participants’ who are fully eligible for Disability Employment Services. In addition to the above duties you will also case manage participants with a range of physical and psychological conditions and may have supervisory responsibilities in employment to support their induction, training and independence in the workplace.
• Assess participant’s eligibility for services, confirming their identity and explaining the services that MAX Employment will deliver
• Meet with new MAX Employment participants and with the assistance of Allied Health professionals, assess their need for ongoing training and development requirements that meet the skills and labour needs of employers
• Provide person centred services to participants that support their vocational goals
• Understand and practice the principles of caseload triage
• Ensure all Key Performance Indicator’s (KPI’s) are met including placement targets and subsequent conversion to employment milestones, departmental claims and all service requirements through effective caseload management
• Facilitate regular appointments with participants, arrange ongoing training and development activities and monitor participant’s attendance and participation in agreed activities including work experience opportunities
• Liaise with external service providers, health professionals and community organisations to increase social inclusion for participants
• Monitor participant progress whilst in employment and or education and document this progression and any identified support requirements in collaboration with the participant and employer in the participants’ Job Plan
• Complete required administration duties, vocational assessments and other required paperwork with the participant in a pre-determined timeframe
• Ensure that participants case notes and all other documentation is in line with the minimum contractual standards, including adherence to the National Standards for Disability Services (NSDS)
• Produce high quality and targeted Resumes for participants
• Negotiate Post Placement Support Plans in collaboration with Health Services Officers, employers and participants
• Conduct administrative activities consistent with Disability Employment Services contractual and legislative requirements and MAX Employment philosophy and quality standards.
• Research, identify and prepare call plans to approach employers to negotiate face to face meetings to promote participants and the benefits of employing people with disability
• Attend interviews with participants to advocate on their behalf
• Update employer database and action call cycle to maintain relationships
• Identify and act on vacancies and employment opportunities for participants through liaison and negotiation with Companies, Industry and Community organisations
• Promote MAX Employment services and maintain a high profile and professional company image
• Ensure participants are promoted to employers and supported throughout their employment.
• Assist participants to obtain sustainable employment by placing them into appropriate education, training, work experience activities or other identified interventions to build capacity and skills
• Review the participant’s progress towards identified vocational and non-vocational vulnerabilities with the assistance of the Health Service Officer to achieve employment
• Facilitate participant soft skill/job search training.
• A demonstrated passion and commitment in working with people with disability, their families, carers and advocates to support employment inclusion
• (stated below under Key Skills)
• You should possess a motivating and supportive approach and be able to build trust and rapport with people with disability
• You will be a team player, with a demonstrated ability to show initiative, who will professionally and ethically represent MAX Employment
• You must be a flexible, resilient, outcome focused individual possessing a can-do attitude
• Ability to think outside the square to ensure your participants are assisted to move forward in their journey towards paid employment.
• You will be a mature minded individual with a high level of interpersonal communication and organisational skills
• Ability to overcome objections, and break down employment barriers that exist for people with disability
• Experience in delivering efficient and effective strategies to positively engage with employers and build sustainable relationships
• Awareness of vulnerabilities and the positive effects of employment
• Effective, positive problem solving and conflict resolution skills
• An understanding of commercial and labour market trends
• Knowledge of relevant legislation including Anti-discrimination, Equal Employment Opportunity, Workplace Health and Safety, Privacy and Freedom of Information
• Intermediate Word, Excel, Access, Internet & Email.
Required Experience & Qualifications
• Experience in Employment Services &/or Disability Services
• Certificate III/IV in Employment services, Disability, Community Services
• Hold or have the ability to obtain a current Police Clearance and Working with Children Check
• Current drivers licence.