MAX Solutions is committed to improving the lives of others. Providing employment, health, training and humanitarian services in more than 250 locations around Australia, MAX Solutions invests strongly in the development of our people. We foster strong relationships between staff, clients and the community and are driven to make a difference.
Your role is to utilise your tertiary knowledge of disability to facilitate and source meaningful and sustainable employment outcomes for job seekers that are focused on an individual’s development. You will provide participants with disability innovative, flexible, person centred employment assistance and support that is focused on the achievement of life goals and career aspirations.
Responsible for linking quality health professional services to occupational goals, this role works in conjunction with a range of stakeholders to deliver solutions to support ongoing sustainable employment. You will be required to conduct a variety of functions including screening assessments, individual and group activities, case reviews, peer coaching and support, and sustainability programs with employers.
A DES PC (Level 3) manages complex cases and may have responsibilities for participants in employment to support their induction, training and independence in the workplace. You may be required to focus on one phase of assistance or perform a variety of activities listed under Key Responsibilities.
• Provide case management services that are solution focused for participants’ returning to work that meet the skills and labour needs of employers. Case management is defined as managing a prioritised caseload of participants with permanent disabilities and complex barriers to employment
• Provide vocational counselling for participants’ that links to employment
• Understand and practice the principles of caseload triage and prioritisation
• Deliver individual and group specific services, including conducting vocational screening assessments that focus on the achievement of career aspirations and life goals
• Provide quality tailored case management services that are consistent with MAX Solutions’ philosophy and quality standards
• Provide person centred support for a participant that is empowering to increase greater levels of independence, self-reliance, community participation and wellbeing
• Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of psychologists, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, exercise physiologists and rehabilitation counsellors to support participants return to open employment
• Facilitate regular appointments with participants, arrange ongoing training and development activities and monitor participants’ attendance and participation in agreed activities including work experience opportunities
• Identify reasonable adjustments to support participants in employment and seek professional advice on workplace modifications & solutions to ensure sustainable outcomes for people with disability
• Meet Key Performance Indicator’s (KPI’s) through effective case management including placement targets and subsequent conversion to outcome at 13, 26 and 52 weeks
• Liaise with external service providers, health professionals and community organisations to increase social inclusion for participants
• Ensure case notes and all other documentation are in line with minimum contractual standards, including adherence to the National Standards for Disability Services (NSDS)
• Create high quality and targeted resumes for participants
• Negotiate Post Placement Support Plans in collaboration with participants, Health Services and employers
• Maybe required to coach and mentor DES PC Levels 1 & 2 to build capacity and disability confidence.
• Procure employment opportunities that provide sustainable employment outcomes for participants with disability including negotiating work experience programs, workplace tours, job analysis/creation and carving
• Arrange disability confidence training for employers in collaboration with Health Services
• Support participant applications for identified employment opportunities and undertake job analysis to provide recommendations around person job fit
• Research, identify and prepare call plans to approach employers to negotiate face to face meetings to promote participants and the benefits of employing people with disability
• Attend interviews with participants to advocate on their behalf
• Update employer database and action call cycle to maintain relationships
• Identify and act on vacancies and employment opportunities for participants through liaison and negotiation with Companies, Industry and Community organisations
• Promote MAX Employment services and maintain a high profile and professional company image
• Ensure participants are promoted to employers and supported throughout their employment.
• A demonstrated passion and commitment in working with people with disability, their families, carers and advocates to support employment inclusion
• An understanding of the role employment has in maintaining good health
• A flexible, positive and innovative approach to delivering a range of services across the DES Programme(s)
• You should possess an empathetic, supportive and motivating approach with participants and be able to build trust and rapport
• You will be a team player, with a demonstrated ability to show initiative possessing a solution focussed, can-do attitude
• A demonstrated ability to think outside the square to ensure participants are assisted to move forward in their journey towards paid employment.
• Mature minded with a high level of interpersonal communication and organisational skills
• Ability to overcome objections, and break down employment barriers that exist for people with disability
• Experience in delivering efficient and effective strategies to positively engage with employers and build sustainable relationships
• Awareness of vulnerabilities to employment and the effects of unemployment
• Effective, positive problem solving and conflict resolution skills
• Intermediate Word, Excel, Access, Internet & Email.
• Demonstrated experience in managing complex cases in collaboration with key stakeholders
• Experience in delivering efficient and effective strategies to positively engage with employers and build disability confidence
• Proven experience working in a structured KPI environment and in achieving targets
• Demonstrated sales ability including outstanding negotiation skills, persuasive ability and exceptional communication skills, to achieve advantageous outcomes
• Knowledge of relevant legislation including Anti Discrimination, Equal Employment Opportunity, Workplace Health and Safety , Privacy and Freedom of Information.
• Tertiary Qualifications – Minimum of Certificate IV in Disability
• Minimum of 5 years within the Disability, Health or Employment sector.