MAX Solutions is committed to improving the lives of others. Providing employment, health, training and humanitarian services in more than 250 locations around Australia, MAX Solutions invests strongly in the development of our people. We foster strong relationships between staff, clients and the community and are driven to make a difference.
The Employment Fund Project Officer – is responsible for supporting the Employment Fund (EF) Team in the delivery of efficient and effective operations of high quality services across all areas of the MAX Solutions organisation, Nationally. Wage Subsidy administration, claims to Employment Fund and other government sources are the key functions of this role.
• Contributing to the various EF Team daily tasks and overall risk mitigation for the broader organisation
• Contributing to the maintenance and general upkeep of requirements within the quality assurance programs of ISO 9001:2008, National Standards for Disability Services, the Department of Employment’s Quality Assurance Framework and related areas
• Conducting de-brief sessions with managers and staff to clearly communicate non-compliance with Departmental guidelines and MAX Employment Policy and Procedures and practical steps to rectify identified issues
• Provision of coaching to staff in relation to audit findings and exceptions detected throughout the audit process, with the view to assisting and improving the understanding of key compliance requirements
• Assist in help desk functions with telephone and email enquiries ensuring that all matters are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner
• Promoting MAX Solutions services and maintaining a high profile and professional company image
• Contributing to the development and upgrade of policy & procedural guidelines and respective job aids for use by staff, for current and future contracts delivered by MAX Solutions and its various business units
• Data entry in various systems including MAXORS, MAXTRAX, Fraedom and ESS
• Participating in professional development and training as required
• Other duties as directed.
• Reliable, responsible and highly professional in all aspects
• Strong attention to detail
• Flexibility to changing priorities and working quickly, effectively and autonomously under challenging time demands with competing priorities
• Outcome focussed and goal orientated
• Excellent understanding of Employment Services Contractual requirements
• Exceptional communication (oral & written), negotiation and interpersonal skills
• Excellent organisational and analytical skills
• Effective, positive problem solving and conflict resolution skills
• Knowledge of relevant legislation including Anti-discrimination, Equal Employment Opportunity, Occupational Health and Safety, Privacy and Freedom of Information
• Computer skills – Advanced Word, Excel, Internet & email
• ESS system or equivalent experience preferred.
• Internal Audit, Quality Assurance and related experience in quality systems and their delivery
• Employment Services industry and practical experience with demonstration of the above mentioned key skills and personal attributes is considered to be highly important in the role.
• No formal qualification is required however, industry/practical experience with demonstration of the above mentioned skills/attributes is essential.